News Release

Printer Friendly Version View printer-friendly version
<< Back
Traffic Statistics June 2013
Download PDF Download PDF
  • In June 2013, Group traffic measured in Revenue Passenger Kilometres increased by 8.2 per cent versus June 2012 (up 0.1 per cent on a pro-forma basis); Group capacity measured in Available Seat Kilometres rose by 7.4 per cent (down 1.5 per cent on a pro-forma basis).
  • Group premium traffic for the month of June increased by 1.9 per cent compared to the previous year.
  • Underlying market conditions remain unchanged from those described at the publication of Quarter One results on 10th May.

3 July 2013


On 26 June, IAG announced the successful launched by British Airways of a $927 million publicly-traded bond, using aircraft as collateral. These bonds are known as EETCs (Enhanced Equipment Trust Certificates) and are a form of aircraft financing commonly used by US airlines. The transaction included Class A and Class B Certificates, with an annual coupon of 4.625% and 5.625%, respectively. The underlying collateral pool is made up of six new B787-8 aircraft, two new B777-300 ER aircraft and six new A320-200 aircraft, due for delivery within the next 12 months. This is the first time that British Airways has used EETCs and the first time this form of financing has been used in the UK.

On 27 June, Vueling Airlines, of which IAG owns 90.51 per cent, agreed at a general shareholders meeting to delist the remaining 9.49 per cent of shares from the Barcelona, Bilbao, Madrid and Valencia Stock Exchanges.

British Airways has received the first two of its 24 strong order of Boeing 787 Dreamliners. The two aircraft will begin commercial long-haul flying later this year with services to Toronto due to start from September 1 and Newark from October 1, subject to regulatory approval.

In June, Iberia began its seasonal operations to Dubrovnik and Zagreb in Croatia until mid September. The airline offers up to four services per week to Dubrovnik and two flights per week to Zagreb.